If you own or operate a restaurant, you train your staff to ensure that every customer has a great experience so they will return. The reputation of your restaurant can make or break your business, therefore all aspects of restaurant service must be superb. The act of removing chlorine from your restaurant tap water is just another part of exceeding customer expectations.
Why is Chlorine in Water?
Chlorine is added to public water supplies all over the world. The addition of chlorine kill germs and disease-causing pathogens that are sometimes found in water supply reservoirs or inside water mains and water storage tanks.
Water chlorination is regulated in the United States by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). The SDWA sets water quality and safety standards to limit the amount of contaminants and chlorine disinfection byproducts found in drinking water.
Why Should You Remove Chlorine from Restaurant Water?
● Customers may not want to drink it. While the World Health Organization has stated that the levels of chlorine found in public drinking water are extremely small and generally safe to consume, your staff may still come across customers who prefer drinking water that is free from chlorine.
● The food and drinks you serve will taste better. When you remove certain chemical compounds like chlorine from water, the taste of nearly everything you serve will improve. Your staff will be able to dish up impeccable meals and drinks using fresh, great-tasting water without a “chemical” taste.
How Do You Get Chlorine Out of Water?
If your restaurant wants to remove chlorine from tap water, you will find that there are many products to choose from. One very effective way to remove chlorine from your drinking water supply is to install a restaurant water filtration system and dispenser. Top-of-the-line water filtration systems are designed to filter, disinfect, refrigerate, and carbonate water to enhance the flavors of even the finest cuisine.
Benefits of Chlorine-Free Restaurant Water
Water filtration systems not only work to remove chlorine from restaurant water, but they also offer a variety of ways to ensure customer experience is taken to the next level.
● Clean, chlorine-free drinking water on-demand: When customers ask for filtered, chlorine-free water, your staff can easily dispense drinking water that is clean, fresh, and great-tasting.
● Improve food quality. The taste of your restaurant’s food is a key element to bringing customers back through the doors. Water that is free from taste-altering contaminants like chlorine can help your back-of-house staff produce meals that taste better than ever.
● Elevates water service. It goes without saying that every customer wants to feel special and taken care of. While removing chlorine from water will ensure that some customers’ needs are being heard, a restaurant water filtration system can kick things up a few notches by offering both still and sparkling water that is chlorine-free.
In the competitive restaurant industry, it can be difficult to ensure that your business stands out from the rest. Removing chlorine from your restaurant tap water may be just the thing you need to improve the taste of your food, elevate customer service, and one-up your competition.
Find out more about how to get your own Natura Water System.