As the summer season starts to sizzle, consider whether your beverage menu is helping you increase sales. It might not leap to mind like your seasonal food menu but keeping your drink options fresh is a proven way to keep profits popping and investing in a sparkling water system will help you stand out.To ensure your beverage menu increases sales and profits—two very different things—it’s important to consider each ingredient to maximize profits (by decreasing costs!). The first place to start is your restaurant’s filtered water system. Surging in popularity, sparkling water is the base ingredient that’s making fizzy beverages fun. Thankfully, Natura sparkling water dispensers provide purified drinking water at foodservice speeds, assuring your drink menu is starting with the purest drinking water on the planet. Here’s a couple recipes to put your Natura sparkling water machine to work with these light and bubbly cocktails!
Watermelon Mint Cocktail
Ingredients: (makes 4):
• 2 cups diced watermelon
• ½ cup mint leaves
• ½ cup vodka
• ½ cup simple syrup
• 2 cups Natura sparkling water
• Muddle and mix diced watermelon in a bowl until it looks like a thicker version of watermelon juice.
• Add vodka and simple syrup to bowl.
• Place 5-6 mint leaves in the bottom of 4 glasses, and muddle. Add ½ cup cocktail mix to cups, ice and top off with Natura sparkling water.
Ingredients: (serves 2):
• 3 oz gin
• 8-12 slices cucumber
• 1 medium sized lime, sliced
• 8 oz Natura sparkling water
• 12 mint leaves
• 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
• Add mint, lime, gin and sugar (if using) to shaker and muddle.
• Add cucumber slices to shaker, shake vigorously.
• Pour mixture over glass filled with ice and top with Natura sparkling water.